Nodia offers a broad range of Factor VIII and anti-Factor VIII assays and research tools for both clinical and pharmaceutical applications. Find out more about our tests on this Factor VIII specific page.
- Chromogenic FVIII assay -
Chromogenic FVIII methods have been available for a very long time. For many applications they are the preferred method. The limited stability of the reagents was the main reason for not applying them in clinical routine. The chromogenic method did become the reference method for quality control of Factor VIII concentrates.
The Biophen Factor VIII makes, due to its excellent stability, the chromogenic technique now also applicable for clinical routine.
For the follow-up of the treatment of haemophiliacs with recombinant and modified factor VIII concentrates, Biophen Factor VIII even became first choice.
The use of purified human factors in the reagents of Biophen Factor VIII mimics the in vivo situation closely and makes the test sensitive for all new haemophilia treatments including the follow-up of patients treated with Emicizumab.
CE marked applications for normal and low range are available for all common coagulation analyzers.
Recommended product for your FVIIII testing
Emicizumab can be tested with the BIOPHEN Factor VIII:C kit. No modification of the instrument application is needed. Emicizumab can be tested under the same condition as FVIII in the plasma. A calibration curve covers a range from 0 to 100 µg/ml Emicizumab.
A method insensitive for Emicizumab can be obtained by exchanging of the human Factor X by an alternative bovine version. Ask Nodia for more info on this procedure!
- Stability of the reagents makes routine application feasible:
- 24h at room temperature
- 72h at 2-8oC
- 2 months at -20oC or lower
- Special buffer results in a better recovery of all variants of the FVIII-molecule.
- Based on purified human factors
- Possibility to exchange Human, for Bovine Factor X reagent for applications insensitive to Emicizumab.
Factor VIII antigen
- FVIII antigen assay -
Complete rapid ELISA kit for the quantitative determination of Factor VIII antigen. For in vitro determination of Factor VIII in plasma samples or in Factor VIII-concentrates or biological fluids.
Detection limit 0.008 IU/mL.
Contents: 6×16 wells pre-coated with polyclonal antibody to human Factor VIII, immunoconjugate, calibrators, controls high and low, sample diluent, wash buffer concentrate, substrate and stop solution.
- Anti-human Factor VIII:C, Sheep, Affinity Purified Biotinylated IgG
- Anti-human Factor VIII:C, Sheep, Affinity Purified FITC IgG
- Anti-human Factor VIII:C, Sheep, HRP conjugated IgG
- Anti-canine Factor VIII:C, Sheep, HRP conjugated IgG
- Anti-human Factor VIII:C, Sheep, Purified IgG
- Anti-human Factor VIII:C, Sheep, Affinity Purified IgG
- Anti-canine Factor VIII:C, Sheep, Purified IgG
Matched pair of antibodies:
- Detection of Human Anti-Factor VIII antibodies -
All products in the ZYMUTEST™ product line are enzyme immuno-assay (ELISA).
The ZYMUTEST™ Anti-FVIII IgG monostrip was developed as a diagnostic aid for the detection and quantification of antibodies to FVIII in plasma from haemophiliac A patients and patients who developed autoimmune FVIII inhibitors.
- High correlation between FVIII antibodies measured with Zymutest™ Anti-FVIII IgG monostrip and Bethesda Units.
- No interference of Non Neutralizing anti-FVIII Antibodies.
- Excellent reproducibility.
- Elisa technique, no special training needed.
- Can be used for the follow-up of Anti-FVIII IgG in patients treated with or without special caution.
- Available in Monostrip format for individual patient testing.
Factor VIII Inhibitor and Deficient plasma
Factor VIII inhibitor plasma products
All Factor FVIII Inhibitor Plasmas are produced from normal human plasmas from which specific factors have been removed by selective affinity immuno-adsorption.
- Human Factor VIII Inhibitor Plasma, Mild, Frozen
- Human Factor VIII Inhibitor Plasma, Mild, Lyophilised
- Human Factor VIII Inhibitor Plasma, Moderate, Frozen
- Human Factor VIII Inhibitor Plasma, Moderate, Lyophilised
- Human Factor VIII Inhibitor Plasma, Severe, Frozen
- Human Factor VIII Inhibitor Plasma, Severe, Lyophilised
An antibody inhibitory to the specific factor is added to provide neutralizing activity.
Factor VIII deficient plasma products
Factor VIII:C Deficient Plasma can be used for the quantitative determination of Factor VIII:C (FVIII:C) activity in human citrated plasma using a clotting assay.
It can also be used to dilute FVIII in plasma to a desired concentration for e.g. the calibration of a low measuring range in the chromogen FVIII determination.